Our microgrids can be sized for any amount of demand and our Mi-Grid systems are configured for different applications, including residential, business and mobile (RVs, food trucks, etc.). Originally designed for off-shore platforms, we have systems configured from 2kW to 2MW!
Mi-Grid’s have 5 standard models. Even the “standard” models have options. They are configured based on size to match the demand (power load). Pricing can vary, some customers already own a component of the Mi-Grid system, such as a generator or a solar array.
Models also range in price depending configuration and options. Is the system grid-tied or off-grid? Is it AC or DC coupled to the solar panels? Is it applied to an appropriately sized dwelling for that model’s design or is a smaller-sized system applied to a larger dwelling, requiring additional sources of energy, i.e. a larger generator.
Other cost variables include installation costs, shipping, taxes and possibly duties. For each model below, we provide a price range, which does not include solar arrays and installation. As for the installed cost of solar panels, including mounting hardware and labor, that can range from $2.00-$4.00 per Watt, in the continental United States. Depending on where it is installed, there may be additional charges for shipping and duties. All price estimates provided here are in USD and for installations in the continental United States. These estimates are approximate as of January 2018.
Mi-Grid is an energy management system, meaning, at its core, it has a heart (hardware, controls and modules ) and a brain (software combined with our proprietary engineering design and safety considerations). All components are tested and certified to UL standards.
- Mi-Grid 250 & 500:
Both of these systems are 120VAC, single phase. They are DC coupled and were designed for off-grid. They are the least expensive/most cost-effective systems. They can be grid-tied, but cannot export/sell power.
Tiny, but fierce! The main unit is 36” x 24” x 16”, and the batteries are inside! It is 2200 Watts and will power lights, outlets and a small window Air Conditioner. Up to 1.2kW of solar panels can be connected. Price range: $4,500 – $6,500, with standard batteries.
Probably the most cost-effective system. The main unit is 48” x 24” x 16”, and the batteries are inside! It is 4000 Watts and will power lights, outlets and up to 1 large or 2 small mini-split Air Conditioners. Up to 3 kW of Solar can be connected. Price range: $7,500 – $10,000
120/240VAC. The generator is typically a home-style propane/natural gas unit and can be “oversized” to power more external equipment. Solar can be AC or DC coupled.
Similar power to a Mi-Grid 500, but split-phase 240VAC and can connect up to 8kW AC Coupled (6kW DC coupled) of solar. Price range: $14,000 – $22,000
Same as a Mi-Grid 1000, but 8kW of power output. Price range: $21,000 – $30,000
A double unit Mi-Grid 2000, 16kW of power output. And up to 20kW of solar. $40,000 – $65,000 (The $65,000 unit includes a 48 kW generator!!!)
Which is better?
- For Off-Grid systems, any system can work.
If 120VAC only will work for you, then the Mi-Grid 250 and 500 are very cost-effective.
- For grid-tied, generally where you might sell excess power or if you have an existing grid-tied system, the Mi-Grid 1000-4000 are best.
If you need 240VAC power, you must choose a Mi-Grid 1000-4000.
- All systems may have a larger generator. It will allow more items to be powered when the generator runs. And some items can be setup to be powered only when the generator runs
- Any System can be purchased without a generator. Only remote startable generators can be controlled by a Mi-Grid. Most home type permanently installed generators can be controlled. A limited number of portable type generators can be controlled.
- More batteries and more solar (up to a point!) can be added for longer run time without generator help.
- Systems with limited solar can still be useful minimizing generator run time and fuel consumption.
- Special Lithium batteries can be used which have 3 times the life of our best Advanced AGM batteries. Expensive, but in the long run, cost effective.
For more information, Contact us or a local Representative.